2011-03-13

I Miss You

Grandpa,

I know that I only saw you once a year or every two years, but since you have passed recently, I still really miss you. Things have changed, you are no longer here. I can remember coming to stay with you and Grandma and spending time visiting on the porch for hours at a time until late into the evening. As stories were exchanged between family members, other cousins or aunts and uncles would come and go. I loved being there with everybody, I loved listening and laughing. I loved to watch how Rhett and Scarlett would come and get cheese from you. I had never seen a cat eat cheese or want cheese as a treat before.

I remember coming to stay in Denver for about a week when I was about 16 or 17. One of the nights that I was there, we went out to eat with everyone (Brian, Val, Cyndi, Amy, You, and Grandma). Grandpa, you made it a point that I would be driving us there since I was old enough to do so. I hope the drive wasn't too scary, but I will remember that.

I love you Grandpa. I didn't expect this to happen the way it did. I will miss the family get-togethers that we had, but know that you will be remembered at each one we have in the future.

I can still hear your voice. I can hear you calling Rhett over to you in the backyard or calling my mom 'Karri.' I hear you still Grandpa, I see you still Grandpa. I am missing and will greatly miss you Grandpa.

I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well...